Maximum computer for time reduction.

@Ina @Pix4D Support

I am wondering if Pix4Dmodel isn’t the right product for this project I’m working on.

I am using Pix4Dmodel and am trying to process a dataset for 340 acres (138 hectares), ~30,000 images and ~350GB file size on a Windows 10 machine with these specs, processing off of the SSD:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6950X (10 cores)(Overclocked to 4.1GHz)
  • GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founder’s Edition
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99 Ultra Gaming
  • RAM: 128 GB (8x16GB) G.Skill DDR4 Trident Z 3600Mhz PC4-28800 CL17 (17-18-18-38)
  • SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 2TB 2.5-Inch SATA III
  • HDD: HDST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200rpm SATA 6Gb/s, 64MB cache, 3.5"
  • Liquid Cooling: Corsair Hydro H60 Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Case: Thermaltake View 27 Gull-Wing Window ATX Mid-Tower Chassis
  • Fans: Termaltake Riing 12 RGB 120mm x3
  • Power Supply: 750W Thermaltake SMART Series Power Supply 80+ Bronze Certified, Active PFC, SLI

I am getting processing times of approximately 10 days to complete Step 1 ‘Initial Processing’ and Step 2 ‘Point Cloud and Mesh’. The result is terrible quality (see here on Sketchfab: https://skfb.ly/69DQx), as I believe the point cloud was restricted to 1 million triangles. When I alter processing options to eliminate the 1 million triangle restriction for Step 2 3D Textured Mesh by adjusting 3D Textured Mesh>Settings>Custom>Decimation Criteria:Qualitative/Sensitive, it appears that the processing will take over 4 weeks to complete.

This timeline is obviously not feasible to iterate the project as needed. Please help!

Instead of Pix4Dmodel, should I be using a different product? Perhaps mapper or BIM are more robust?

I have a 2nd GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founder’s Edition arriving tomorrow that I will install in SLI to see if that helps, and am considering upgrading to Intel’s i9 7980xe 18-core CPU…but before I spend the money on the new chip and new motherboard/power supply/cooler, etc I want to have some reasonable belief that the upgrade will shorten processing times.

@Pix4D - please help!