Edit Point Cloud in Matic

Because there is not a way to create DSMs in survey. So I need to use matic to create DSM, but the editing tools are not as good. Either being able to import point clouds into matic, or generating DSMs in survey would solve this.

By tiles I’m referring to google tiles like in mapper.

Thanks for the reply

Oh right, so I assume you want to create a Digital Terrain Model (DTM) by removing everything that is not the ground, then export this as Geotiff. Would exporting the TIN in PIX4Dsurvey (that represents the ground) as GeoTIFF work?

As for the Google Tiles, that’s about a KML export, right? I’ll check what we can do.

Correct. But please refer to this post Edit Point Cloud in Matic - #3 by DroneLink in this same thread why the TIN is not an option. Even if the resolution was improved with a TIN, I need raster files, not vector files.

Google tiles, XYZ tiles, whatever you want to call them. Mapper had great support for generating them.

Okay, so in summary you need a way to get a DTM with the ability to export this as a GeoTiff. The difference with the TIN being that you have a more detailed representation of reality. Can it be summarized as such? I’m curious, what do you use the DTM for afterwards? This will help me understand the context of the request. Thanks!

Yes, DTM required because of quality and file type.

These files are delivered to the client, which they use with their custom software, calculating slopes and percentages.