DJI P4 Multispectral + Pix4Dmapper + ??Which Reflectance Calibration panel??

Hi all,

We are getting a DJI P4 Multispectral drone and Pix4Dmapper for image analysis. Still, we have to decide which calibration panel is the most convenient to use with Pix4Dmapper + DJI P4M.

As I noticed in the Pix4D description, the calibration is very easy using a MycaSense reflectance calibration panel. But here’s the problem - you cannot get it if you don’t own a MycaSense camera.

I came across MAPIR Camera Reflectance Calibration Ground Target Package (V2) - MAPIR CAMERA panel. They also provide reflectance data for 350-1100 nm wavelength in 1 nm increments with that product. Would it be easy to calibrate the images taken by DJI P4 Multispectral by using Pix4Dmapper and Mapir calibration panel?

Or should I buy a plain 18% gray white balance card and be happy about it?If you have any suggestions or experience on this, please share with us.

Many thanks,

Good Day

Trust you are well,

Could you please assist, we need assistance with Pix4D Mapper.

1. We recently purchased a DJI P4 Multispectral drone for agricultural purposes. We have since not been able to successfully process any of our projects. We continuously receive errors stating “Camera Calibration”, Could you please assist us in rectifying the error?

2. Do you perhaps have a reflectance image for us or where would we be able to get it?

Your quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

Kindest Regards,

Can you provide the quality report and the log file of the project?

Hi @andrius.aleliunas ,

Thanks so much for sharing this information with us. At the moment, we have some users using the MicaSense panel with this drone.

We have not yet investigated the MAPIR target for this particular drone and this panel is not yet supported in Pix4Dmapper. Here you can see the supported panels: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/206494883 Could you please let me know if you would have any preference on the panel?

Also, I would like to share with the product teams that our users would like to use a panel with this drone. The following information would be very useful:

• Can you please let me know the types of projects you are working on? Here we would like to understand the importance of absolute reflectance values for you and your projects.

• If, by any chance, you already have a dataset with a panel, can you please share this with us?

Sincerely,

Hi Fernanda,

sorry for the late reply.

we use DJI P4 Multispectral for agricultural purposes. We are going to monitor spring wheat trials for the upcoming summer. We have acquired MAPIR calibration target and they provide the reflectance values at a series of wavelengths at 1 nm increment (http://mapir.peauproductions.com/calibration_package/MAPIR_Camera_Reflectance_Calibration_Ground_Target_Package_Data_V2.xlsx).

You can find raw photos here: Klaida

Hope this helps,

1 Like

Hey,

Thanks so much for the information. I am sharing the info with the team. If there are any news I will share them here.

Hi Fernanda,

Any updates? Do you also have users of DJI P4 Multispectral who are using Parrot calibration targets instead of MicaSense?

Thanks

Any further progress on alternative calibration targets to the Micasense?

Hi formsosamapping,
You can use the senterra panel with the P4M.

1 Like

We got this MAPIR Camera Reflectance Calibration Ground Target Package (V2) - MAPIR CAMERA

1 Like

Did the MapIR target work for you ?