Support Website Contact Support Blog

different cameras, resolution and accuracy

good morning,
I’m having some problems to perform some analysis…
I fastly checked already in the forum about my problem but I didnt find the right solution for me…

I have different images from 3 cameras mounted on a single drone:

• RGB images (resolution of about 1cm, GPS position very accurate (RTK gps))
  • Micasense altum images (resolution of about 2 cm, 5 bands + 1 thermal) GPS position with lower accuracy
  • Ultraviolet images (resolution of about 2cm) GPS with lower accuracy

During the flight, on the field have been placed some GCP

Which is the best workflow to obtain an orthophoto with all these bands together? or in alternative, to have different raster products (for all the bands) having the same position accuracy (using the RTK gps accuracy of the RGB images)?

I thank you very much for your help!

Hi @torre89,

The answer depends on what is the results you want to get.
If you wish to obtain an orthomosaic I would suggest using the RGB images (resolution of about 1cm, GPS position very accurate (RTK gps)) and also import and mark the GCPs.

For Micasense altum images which has 6 bands: Blue, green, red, red edge, near-infrared (NIR) and thermal infrared (LWIR), although the thermal sensor is 160x120, the images can process successfully as a rig due to the high-resolution multispectral sensors.

1. Upload the images and use the ag multispectral template.
  2. To convert the LWIR pixel values to degree C, use the formula: Thermal_ir=(lwir/100)-273.15
    For more: Processing thermal images – Support

I would generally suggest creating 3 different projects, one for each camera, process step 1 of each project, add GCPs and MTPs and select Menu Process > Reoptimize – Support.

I hope this helps.

Best,

thank you for your help!
I’ll follow your suggestions right now!