altitude photos with phantom 3

Good afternoon,
I saw in the tutorial that the altitude of the images is given in meters above sea level, my phantom 3 from the altitude based on the home point.
Uploading photos in Lightroom, metadata is always with only the flight altitude.
As you can enter the flight altitudes including meters above sea level ???
You can set the DJI app, or you need a file EXIF ???

thank you

Hi Francesco,

According the latest news on our side that refer to the firmware v.1.7.0.90 and v1.7.0060 for the Inspire I and Phantom 3 Pro respectively, DJI now measures the absolute elevation above sea level using EGM 96 as the reference. They used to record the elevation above ground level but this is no longer the case.

However the vertical coordinate is still not fully reliable. Indeed, we made testing in our office here and we found that the vertical coordinate is off by several meters that can reach an error of 100 meters. Some users noticed the same. Therefore our developers suspect something wrong in the DJI EXIF regarding the vertical coordinates.

As a consequence, we always recommend to process with ground control points (GCPs) in order to fix these uncertainties.
About using GCPs: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202558699

Note that DJI just released on April 7th new drone firmware, v1.8.1.00 and v1.8.80 for the Inspire I and Phantom 3 Pro respectively, that could fix the vertical coordinate issue. So far we do not have any feedback.

Regards,