Support Website Contact Support Blog

What happen if communication is lost with the Remote controller.

Hello, my name is Ivan and I have a DJI Matrice 100, with the Zenmuse X3 and soon the Red Edge-M. I want to start working with the Pix4D and first of all I would like to thank them, because with their tutorials and articles I have learned a lot. But a doubt came to me; if Matrice 100 is making a flight plan and loses communication with the controller (RC)? What would happen, the Matrice 100 continues its mission, or as usual returns to the point of Home?

Thank you in advance and hope you have an answer to my question. regards

Hi Ivan,

When using Pix4Dcapture the safety features are still functioning as defined by the manufacturer and we do not override them. 

Regardless of the remaining battery of the drone, losing the signal with the remote controller (and so with Pix4Dcapture) after more than 3 seconds triggers the fail-safe action. This will override the actions sent by Pix4Dcapture. Check DJI GO (4) to tweak the fail-safe and return-to-home (RTH) settings.

For more information about the DJI GO settings and functionalities of DJI Matrice 100, we recommend directly contacting DJI support. 

Best,