[viDoc] Difference in the height of the images between Vigram app and PIX4Dcatch

Hallo,

Wir haben einen Probescan mit der PIX4Dcatch App und dem viDoc RTK erstellt.

Die nun dort aufgenommenen Fotos haben alle eine falsche Koordinate (Z) in den EXIF ​​Infos (Diese weicht ca. 50Meter ab)

Pix4DMapper verwirft deshalb meine vorher mit viDoc gemessenen GCP .

Wie kann ich dieses Problem umgehen?

Ich habe außerdem einige zusätzliche Dateien wie:

gps_positions.csv
vigramGPS.csv
vigramNMEA.csv
xyz_positions.csv
kann ich die richtigen Koordinaten nun aus einer dieser Dateien laden und
wie kann ich in Zukunft die richtigen Infos direkt in die EXIF ​​schreiben?

Hi Michael,

We would need more details to provide assistance in the most efficient way.

May I ask if you managed to process the dataset? If yes could you please send us the following?

▸ The quality report (.pdf format): …\project_name\1_initial\report\project_name_report.pdf
▸ The project log file (text file): …\project_name\project_name.log
▸ The project file (.p4d): …\project_name.p4d

Best,

Ja das Verarbeiten ist kein Problem, aber die Höhe ist komplett falsch! (Sehe Screenshot)

Foto aufgenommen mit viDoc :

Foto aufgenommen mit PIX4DCatch :

Dies scheint ein Fehler in der App zu sein.

Report:
pix4dmapper_report.pdf (187.7 KB)
Die Projekt & Protokolldatei kann ich gerne als Nachricht versenden.

Hi Michael,

In my understanding, you created 2 projects one using viDoc+PIX4Dcatch and one using only PIX4Dcatch. Is this correct?

When you say that your GCPs got discarded, may I ask what are the steps you followed to import and mark them in the images? Did you receive an error message? Have you tried to import your GCPs after processing and select from the menu bar Process > Reoptimize?

Best,

Die Höhe in PIX4DCatch ist trotzdem falsch.

94,13m zeigt die App an (PIX4DCatch). Tatsächlich liegt die Höhe aber etwa bei ca. 48.02m.

Wie erklären sie sich diese enorme Abweichung ?

Hi Michael,

I am in contact with the development team and they are investigating further the issue.

In the meantime can you please provide us the logs of this project?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best,

Ich habe ihnen die Daten bereits als Nachricht zukommen lassen.

Hi Michael,

The development gave some thoughts on what is happening.

Can you please check if the Vigram app is using ellipsoidal heights or orthometric? Or if the vertical coordinate systems are the same?
The altitude in the vigram site app is with reference to the DHHN2016 geoid model. Is there a possibility, this is the option that you selected?

In my previous message, I was referring to the logs from the PIX4Dcatch app and not the log file created after processing with PIX4Dmapper. If you want to export the logs from the PIX4Dcatch app, you need to go to the project and select options (the three vertical dots) and select “export logs”.

Best,

Ja in der Vigram-Site-App beziehen wir uns auf das Geoidmodell DHHN2016.

Gibt es eine Möglichkeit dieses Höhenmodel auch in der PIX4DCatch APP zu nutzen, so das die richtigen Höhen in die Exif Daten geschrieben werden ?

Hi Michael,

It is not that one coordinate system is wrong and the other one is right but have in mind that you can select the geoid (DHHN2016) as an Output Coordinate System before uploading to PIX4Dcloud.

There is also the option to select the geoid (DHHN2016) as an Output Coordinate System also in PIX4Dmatic:
DHHN2016

I hope this helps.

Best,

Nach dem Festlegen der GEOID in PIX4DMapper schaut das Projekt zunächst sehr gut aus.
(Richtige Höhe)

Ich mochte aber dieses Projekt mit meinem Drohnen-Projekt zusammenführen.
Dafür müssen beide BILDKOORDINATENSYSTEME gleich sein.

Sobald ich dieses im Projekt nun verändere habe ich wieder einen falschen Höhenbezug.

Deshalb sollte es eine Möglichkeit geben den Höhenbezug schon in der PIX4DCatch App zu wählen.

Welche Möglichkeit habe ich nun, um beide Projekte zusammen zu führen ?

Hi,

As you said if you wish to merge two projects created in PIX4Dmapper the following conditions need to be fulfilled:

• The coordinate system (both horizontal and vertical) of the images has to be the same in all subprojects. Note: A subproject with no image geolocation can be merged with a subproject with image geolocation.
  • The GCPs have to be in the same coordinate system (both horizontal and vertical) in all subprojects. Note: A subproject with no GCPs can be merged with another subproject with GCPs.
    It is highly recommended the GCPs to be added in the merged project, especially when more than 2 subprojects are merged.
  • The output coordinate system (both horizontal and vertical) of all subproject has to be the same. Note: A subproject with no georeference (arbitrary system) can be merged with a subproject with georeference.

May I ask which is the coordinate system of the images of your other project?

Best,

Wir nutzen GCPs in unseren Projekten.
Aber Zusätzlich sind die Fotos ja mit RTK Koordinaten versehen (±0.01m).

Das andere Projekt ist im System WGS84 / UTM 32N (EGM 96 Geoid)

Hi Michael,

Can you share with me:

• The Image/GCP/Output Coordinate system of your 1st project

• The Image/GCP/Output Coordinate system of your 2nd project

• And the quality reports of the two projects before merging them

And you in advance for your cooperation.

Best,
Nikoleta