Change width or weight of line

I am using Pix4D Survey, and I am marking different piping diameters on a drainage field with different vertor & colours. Is there anyway to edit the vector lines to make them slimmer? At present I can only have one size, and they look quite thick lines overlaying the map? Please could someone advise. Thank you.

Hi @skypindrones,

Thank you for sharing the detailed information.

The latest version of Pix4Dsurvey, i.e., 1.19.0, does not allow you to change the thickness or the weight of the vector lines. However, I’ve shared your feedback with the PIX4Dsurvey team and it will be considered as part of the ongoing development of the software.

I can neither guarantee nor estimate when a future version of PIX4Dsurvey will allow you to change the thickness of the vector lines. However, you can receive an email as soon as more information is available about future versions of PIX4Dsurvey.

To do receive an email when new technical release notes are published for PIX4Dsurvey, click Follow, in the top right corner, at https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033539032.

Thanks again for asking.

If having the option to change the thickness or the weight of the line with PIX4Dsurvey will help you get the job done in either less time or with less effort, please let us know by either expanding on @skypindronesoriginal comment or by adding your vote.

Just to complete this enquiry. What I would expect from Pix4DSurvey if they wanted to produce a full survey package would be to produce a similar product to the attached maps. The line work contours and ortho were imported into QGIS then edited and either placed on Streetmaps or onto the orthomosaic produced in Pix4DMapper. The one below has gridlines, co-ordinates and measurements.

As you see the vectors and contour lines have been slimmed down. At present Pix4DSurvey looks to clunky and needs to be refined. The option maybe that it produces a set of files to be transfered into another package, but if you can do that it one pack all the better

1 Like

1 Like

Hi, with our release of PIX4Dsurvey earlier this week, we brought in the option to adjust lineweight. You might also find useful the tool from a few months ago that lets you balance the visibility of geometry vs the point cloud. Both are in yellow below. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

1 Like