Supported Lens

I plan to use an M210 RTK V2 for cellular inspections. The supported drones list https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407779899921-Supported-drones-cameras-and-controllers-PIX4Dscan says that:
X5S** ***** – For the DJI Zenmuse X5S, the compatible lense model is DJI MFT 15mm/1.7 ASPH.

can anyone tell me how scan or inspect would behave if I used something like a 45mm or at least a 14-42… zoomed in for some much better imagery?

Hello again @scott7!

Yes, at the moment for the M210 RTK V2 the supported camera is the DJI Zenmuse X5S with the lens model DJI MFT 15mm/1.7 ASPH.

If a different lens model is mounted over the X5S, then you would need to account for the different specifications for planning the mission.
A lens with a bigger focal length (e.g. 45 mm) results in a smaller field of view and a lens with a smaller focal length (e.g. 5 mm) results in a bigger field of view. So, in order to achieve a sufficient overlap between images, you would need to increase the default values in the app (increase the default 75%).

And about the zoomed images; if you plan to take zoom images and standard images, we would not recommend uploading both to the same project as you would no obtain a good 3D model. Remember that in order for PIX4Dinspect to process the images as expected, they need to meet certain criteria (more info in our How to scan cell towers - PIX4Dscan article).

For more information, please refer to both PIX4Dscan Support page and PIX4Dinspect Support page where you’ll find plenty of articles with answers to all kind of questions.

Thank you, and have a great day! :grin:

Thank you for the details. Good work.