Support Website Contact Support Blog

Stitching mismatch errors

I have a large 200+ acre field of apple trees that I’m stitching. Most of the output looks great, but there are a few spots that are mismatched. I don’t see a way to fix that with Pix4DFields. How do I correct these errors?

Hi Mark,

Could you please let me know if you are using the latest version of Pix4Dfields? Here If yes, could you please let me know if you selected the rig relatives option in the advance processing settings before you process the data? Rig relatives calibration If you are not sure if you selected or not, you can check that in the Log File (How to export the Log File)

Kind regards,

Hi Fernanda,

I’m using version 1.7, which looks like the most recent. By default, when I start a new project, Rig Relatives is enabled, but when I exported the log, I see this line: Rig Alignment: false. So, that appears to indicate it was not chosen.

This is what I see when I start a new project, and I don’t remember moving the slider to the left. I’ll run the stitch again and make sure this is the setting.

image001.png

Hello again,

I started a new project and discovered that I’m unable to change the rig relative setting. Clicking or dragging on it does nothing. Maybe there is something else I’m missing? I’m using the RGB images from a Quantix drone.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi,
Could you please let me know if you are using the latest firmwaree of Quantix? Oh okay when using Quantix the rig relative setting will be unabled because you are processing only the RGB sensor. The rig relative option will be available when processing the two sensors at the same time (which is not yet possible in Pix4Dfields with this camera)

Hi,

Yes, I have the latest firmware for the Quantix, and am splitting the RGB images into a separate folder from the other camera files. Once it is possible to process both sensors at the same time, will that improve a stitch such as this one? Is there an ETA on
this functionality? The other fields I flew that day, (smaller at around 120 acres), stitched beautifully.

Thanks,

Mark

Hey,
Thanks for the information. I kindly suggest you send us the dataset, a description of the data acquisition (which drone, camera, weather), and log files of your project in a ticket in support (Link to contact support). With this information, we can investigate and understand the reasons for those errors. Then we can update what we find here in the community.

Regards,

Hi Fernanda,

Do you mean upload the images from the survey? That’s about 4.5GB. I’m happy to do that, but want to make sure that’s OK.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi,
Yes you can send us your dataset, in a google drive folder or one drive, but I would suggest to send the information through a support ticket. Or you can send us a ticket, and we will give you the link to a Onedrive folder where you could upload the images. In the ticket you can also include the altitute of the flight and overlap.

Kind regards,