Customize sharing links access

What if I want to share projects with clients and they want to do volume and distance measurements?  

Is it possible to share your projects publicly with ability to use measurement tools, without having a Pix4D account?

If a user account is required can an end client that just need to look at one project, use a free account and can they use the measurement tools with it?

Hello Jeff,

Yes, it is possible to share your projects publicly to collaborators that do not have a Pix4D account! All the content of the 2D and 3D views, together with the annotations, will be shared.

Two options are available according to the link that is shared: 

1. The collaborator can view and measure (what you asked for) and any edit made by the collaborator won’t be saved
  2. The collaborator can edit and save

Have a look at the article Cloud general questions for more information.

To share your project, at the top right corner of the project page click the  SHARE icon

I like sharing my projects using the cloud.  However, I wish I could limit their use.  It would be great if there was just a viewer that would allow them to see the annotations and navigate the model, but not make any measurements.  I have had clients measure the same stock pile and come up with a slightly different answer, then I get phone calls… which isn’t fun.  Or I get clients that want to do the measuring themselves taking away my control of the volumes that I certify.  

I’ve stopped using the cloud feature, and just share my calculation with a 2D map with number written on it (Boring).  I really miss sharing the cloud.  Its was a really cool selling point, however, I don’t like the fact that they can do their own measurements.  If you could make it a viewer option only I would definitely start using it again.  Its a great way to organize data, but my clients only need to see the results, not measure.

1 Like

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your feedback. I am really sorry to hear you have stopped using the Cloud to share projects with your customers. I have passed your comments to our dedicated team for the future development of our Cloud products.

Follow the Important Communication topic of our Community to receive updates on the new releases of the Cloud and much more!

Alice - is there a way to share an Orthomosaic with a client? 

I’d like them to be able to view and do measurements.

On the cloud I see ways to share a point cloud, but not an Orthomosaic.

So for now I’ve been having them install qGIS which works, but hardly seems professional to not have an end to end solution.

Hello Steve,

Sharing an orthomosaic works exactly the same way as sharing a point cloud. In fact, you share a full project with whichever outputs are in it.

So all you need to do is create an emtpy project, upload your orthomosaic to it and then share the project.

Note that you might have to wait a while for our systems to tile and optimize the orthomosaic before it can be seen/loaded.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Hugo. I must be doing something wrong. I have a folder on the cloud.pix4d.com site with two images in it, one of them an Orthomosaic. The thumbnail looks fine. The image looks great on my desktop, and when I open the file in qGIS. But with pix4d when I click on it I just get a spinning beach ball icon and it never loads.

It also doesn’t have the “share” icon that other pages do as well.

If you wanted to take a look the folder name is “50 10th St July 2019” and the file is ortho7.tif

HI Steve,

How did you upload your images in the Cloud?
Which of these options have you chosen?

If you are uploading the outputs, it should be done by this mean. 

My guess it that you have uploaded your outputs as images, whereas they should have been uploaded as results.
Could you try to follow this workflow?

Thanks,
Best

Is it possible to secure the share with a customer login?

1 Like

It would be very helpful to have a “Limited View” option for sharing the project from the cloud. We would like to share with our clients/owners, but also don’t want to expose anything we may be overlooking or show markups that are internal.

If there was an option to have a limited view sharing link that only showed everything besides overlays and annotations it would be super helpful. Most of the time our owners only want to see the visual aspect of the project anyways (ortho + mesh).

1 Like

Hi @Tylor_Foster,

The request has been transferred to our the Cloud development team.
There is a strong interest for this feature.
We will keep you posted and let you know once this will be implemented.
I cannot guarantee or give you any time line, but the interest is there.
Thank you for your suggestion.
Best regards

1 Like

For the public safety side of using the cloud, I would like to request more controls over how links are shared. Some examples would be:

1. Setting expiration dates or time frames the shared links would be accessible.
  2. Password protected shares. The link shared would require a password to access. This could be something as simple as creating a shared link, making a password for the shared link, then share it with the user going to access it.
  3. Log of who viewed the link.
  4. A QR code scannable link would be nice too.

Thank you.

Hi @droneteam,
Thank you for the details of your post and for upvoting the feature request! I have passed it to the product team for future development of our cloud products.

So that my clients can do ground measurements, I want to share using this option (Anyone with the link can view and measure), but I don’t want my client being able to access my account info… by clicking on the Initial in upper right which brings up a menu (Acc’t Settings, Subscription Plan, etc.). How can I disable this view?

Hi @david4,
the people with whom you share the link will not see any of the buttons in the top right corner of the app.
You can click Preview, to visualize how your collaborators/clients will visualize the shared project and the actions they will be allowed to perform. More information in Share.

Hi,

I keep coming across this issue. I work with a public agency and would like to password protect links that I share with 3rd parties (project bidders and contractors) but would want that access to be limited. Did anything come from this question?

Regards,

Hugo

1 Like

I’ve heard this is coming down the pipeline sometime next year.

I also find a password protection feature a good addition.
+1 for that :wink: