Pix4Dmapper not converting RJPEG images to tiff from Mavic 3T Enterprise, Zenmuse H20T , H20N and Mavic 2 dual enterprise advanced thermal camera

I am trying to process some images captured with the new H20T but upon import pix4d is not recognising them as RJPEGs and converting to tiff.

Images have been verified as proper RJPEGs in other software (thermal measurements possible)

Please help

Hi Ben, Are you sure the format is rjpeg? Can you check in the FLIR software? It also might be some DJI format. We have a FLIR SDK integrated with Pix4DMapper that converts the rjpg images to jpg.

Has this issue been resolved? I am also considering purchasing the H20T and use its outputs in Pix4D Mapper.

Unfortunately not, it appears DJI have encrypted their data and thus made the thermal data from the H20T practically useless unless you are happy using their abysmal thermal analysis tool. Its a joke!

Oh wow! Well, that’s good to know. Thanks for the reply Ben.

Hi Babak, the format is not the same as the other thermal images rjpeg format which is why Pix4D is not able to use the FLIR SDK for converson to tif and use them to produce thermal maps with temperature values.For H20T, you can only generate thermal maps for visualization.

Hi Momtanu. What you just said above its possible? I’ll be buying the M300 RTK with the Zenmuse H20T and I wanted to know if I can use the RGB and thermal images of the camera into pix4D and work with it.
For thermal i would want to do thermal orthomosaics (maybe not radiometric) but to see where I can find anomalies and detect them easily.

Thanks

Hi, you will need to process the RGB and thermal as different projects. For the thermal, you will get an RGB map (not a grayscale one with temperature values). You will still be able to use it for visualization and by looking at the colors on the map and the color scale, you will be able to detect anomalies but will not be able to get the temperature value of that particular object/pixel.

Thank you Momantu, can you show me an example of what you are talking made with an H20T. I will appreciate it a lot.

Thank you!

Thank you for the Email!

So basically, I would be able to make this type of map but not get the temperature of the pixels.
Am I right?

image.png

Exactly!

Hi all

I’ve been read some information about this topic (Thermal H20T+PIX4D Mapper) and, if I’m wrong please rectify me, and I do not have anything clear about that. I’d like to use PIX4D Mapper to process images from my H20T sensor, mainly working with photovoltaic installations, but I really don’t know if that is compatible. As you all must know, H20T is a singular camera (3 cameras in one), used only for DJI Matrice 300 TRK. Its thermal resolution is high, 640 x 512 and format RJPG. I’m not an expert yet but, as I’ve understood when I read, is not possible work with PIX4D plus Thermal H20T. Is that correct? Thank you. Note: I just know that thermal H20T sensor is not FLIR, like Zenmmuse XT2.

Good day

Kindly advise I’m looking to buying a mavic 2 dual enterprise advanced which has a sensor of 640*520 can this work on pix4d mapper when processing thermal images

Regards

Selby

Hello All,

As Momtanu said, the thermal image EXIF format is not the same as the other thermal images rjpeg format which is why Pix4Dmapper is not able to use the FLIR SDK for conversion to tiff and use them to produce thermal maps with temperature values. For Zenmuse H20T and Mavic 2 dual enterprise advanced, you can only generate thermal maps for visualization.

This means, for the thermal images, you can still process them as RGB images (not a grayscale one with temperature values). You can use it for visualization and by looking at the colors on the map and the color scale, you will be able to detect anomalies but will not be able to get the temperature value of that particular object/pixel.

Thank you Kapil

So the new dji enterprise drone supports a rtk module and has a 640x512 thermal camera, on the face of it it would appear to be a good allrounder .yet I’m led to believe that the images are not geotagged and therefore the rtk does not assist with mapping accuracy I’m advised by a dji reseller that if I want to use pix 4d for site surveys I should buy a phatom4 rtk but I want the thermal camera as well are dji deliberately avoiding integrating multiple use technology or is it just not possible
So much to learn so little time
Cheers kestral

1 Like

Hello,

Maybe other customers have experience with it. Otherwise, I suggest you check this with the drone and flight app provider you are using.
Have a great day!

Hola, yo pude procesar Imágenes RGB y Thermal en Pix4D, si vienen Geo Etiquetadas.

Envíame un correo ariel.contreras.pizarro@gmail.com

Hi . I have some direct engineering contacts at DJI China. From what I have information from the DJI itself, the M2EA images have Geotag but not with the precision of RTK. The RTK, in this case, aims to maintain the positional centimeter of the drone itself and also shield against electromagnetism for inspections in transmission lines, for example. However, the centimetric information of RTK is not saved in the images, only the conventional GPS coordinates, that is, for aerial mapping with precision the indicated is the P4RTK, Matrice 210 RTK or Matrice 300 RTK with the P1/L1.

What I would like to know from the PIX4D team is if the software is already capable of reading Mavic 2’s advanced thermal/rgb images? To generate thermal reflectance maps.
NOTE: The M2EA generates thermal images in .R-JPEG format with 640x512 resolution.

Thank you a lot.

Hi, researching a little more. I found this video on the internet of a user who performed a thermal mapping with the M2EA. Apparently everything is working perfectly.

2 Likes