Pix4D capture with Parrot Disco

Hello there

i’m in the same situation as Florentino

I bought the disco as it came out last year with the intention to use it to scan big areas in a cattle ranch

unfortunately Parrot realized had some room in prosumer mkt late and reacted recently with the dedicated/integrated version with their sensor Sequoia; better late than nothing!

but we, that had the passion and courage of spending such money and we are experimenting now we are not on the radar of Parrot nor in that of Pix4D!!!

as usual first movers pay the price!

Hi, any news for the Disco Support to use front camera for mapping 3d? thank you!

Would be great to support Parrot Disco. For instance, one can self install (tape on bottom of aircraft) a Garmin Virb Ultra 30 and run the travel-lapse feature to have 12MP pictures taken at every 0.01 miles (~100ft). I get from a business perspective why Parrot wouldn’t want to endorse that but has worked great for me. Basically gives me eBee like quality products at 1/10th the cost of an eBee. Standard Disco support could/would be great and be useful for Pix4D for folks who don’t have $10K-$15K lying around for an eBee. https://twitter.com/marshallfrith/status/913806253121527808

When will the parrot disco pro ag have the ability to fly more than just a square / rectangle (called grid flight) in PIX4D Capture?  Ideally a polygon would be best, however at the very least a rhombus or similar would be great.  
Only offering a square/rectangle flight pattern means that if you will collect so much unnecessary data as you try and scan non-square / rectangle shaped paddocks. Also, you waste heaps of your limited time of flight covering areas adjacent to where you might want to scan…

It seems like a fairly easy fix (ie just a programming thing rather than a hardware or flight controller issue). Please, please fix as this is a very cheap yet (because of the on board camera) very attractive option for me to outfit my employee’s with.

Hi Tristan, I will report this need to our app product manager who will review it for future development of Pix4Dcapture.

As for the Parrot Disco (not Pro AG) support, I also reported all the detailed suggestions above.

Like many others, I would like to see support foe the Parrot Disco. The Pix4D capture software is great with my Phantom and Inspire drones, and I would love to see it support the Disco. I realize this might compete with the Ag Pro in the agriculture market, but for those of us that don’t fly for agriculture, SAR in my case, it would be a great solution.

Hello everyone

Clearly this is a commercial issue. If pix4D capture apply to the front camera of parrot disco this would be a bad business for the drone ebee of Sensefly subsidiary of Parrot.
I think that a company like Parrot could democratize the use of technology and from this the world could benefit but in the end this is a business.
A drone ebee in my country is a luxury, therefore we hope that a company like Parrot will also contribute to the development of the world as DJI has done with its Phantom model.

For now we will have to keep waiting

1 Like

@Jack, Adrian, I have reported your need.

I am closing this post as it is a duplicate. Please follow-up in the main thread by clicking here.