No camera view on iPad Mavic 2 Pro

Hi All,

Sometimes the video view does not get updated. It might also happen with other drones not just with Mavic 2 Pro. Just disconnect the and reconnect the cable from the RC and live view should be back.

Regards,

Hi.
i have tried to disconnect the and reconnect the cable from the RC, and still nothing… :thinking:

Hi,
I have problem with video feed on SC on Mavic 2 Pro. After the first run of Pix4D it works but when I go to map and then back to video, then is frozen. It is necessary to disconnect the drone and connect again. Then it works again etc.

Hi,
Same issues here, no live view but drone carries out mission fine. Updated Ipad 6, P4D is version 4.8.0. Same thing with Drone Deploy as well. Question is who’s going to fix it first???

Also forgot to mention brand new drone (Mavic 2 Pro) from DJI last week, latest updates.

Try unplugging the cable from iPad/phone and reconnecting while Pix Mapper is running. Resolved the preview issue for me. Not perfect; not how it should be but gets the job done.

I use CTRL+DJI ver. 1.9.9 and Pix4D ver. 4.8.0.

Same problem here with ipad mini4 and DJI Mavic 2 Pro.
No camera view. Non of the work arounds fixed the issue.
Manual flights not possible with the app.

i have the same problem.after reading i am going with someone else. recommendations?

We have been trying Tap2map, and are very satisfied with that. It has camera view, and also ability to follow terrain :+1:

after the free trial, can i still use it to fly the drone with camera functions working

Well… you have to pay to use it after the trial period. But if you are flying professional and have paying customers so is this a small investment. :slightly_smiling_face:
Sorry if my English isn’t good " I am Norwegian ":man_shrugging:t3::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

all i need is navigation and camera functions, i will not be the person processing the photos.

i just tried my iPhone x max and it has then same problem, really bad for a company not to beta test their products LOL. all products new from store and it fails. whats your thought on drone deploy? if you use apple try something else. also i just tap2map works no problem

Hi.

I have the same issue with iPad mini and Mavic 2. I wonder whether I could be fixed.

I’ve got the same problem both on Androïd and iPad Mini. It happens that sometime, it does work.
After waiting a few seconds, or unplug-plug, or action on the video recording button of the remote, or just luck at first time, but in general, it just doesn’t work at all.
I subscribe to this post to follow and I hope to get good news someday…

Hi all. Came here to get a solution to the same problem and I got it here.
(using Mavic 2 Pro with and iPad)

For me it does seem that they issue of having DJI GO4 app open before opeing Pix4D Capture was the problem.

When I opened Pix4D Capture up first I did get the camera feed to the app. If I have DJI GO4 open first I’d get the black screen in Pix4D Capture.

The issue for me is that running DJI GO4 first to completed pre-flight safety checks as part of our process mean that I need to go there first. The tip of unplugging and then re-plugging the cable to my iPad works.

So my workaround is to start my Mavic 2 Pro. Then open the DJI GO4 app and do my pre-flight safety procedures. Next close out the app, unplug the cable to my iPad/re-plug it in, and start Pix4d Capture app. Al works as expected after that.

In thinking of it, it does make sense. The camera can only send a signal to one app. I guess what ever app last had the feed has a lock on it and only disconnecting the cable breaks the lock. Though reverse did not seam to matter. i.e. I open Pix4D Capture first, check the camera feed, get out of the app and open DJI GO4 I get a camera feed even without unplugging the cable.

Anyway, least for me these steps seem to work and solve the issue.

JT

Thanks Duane, I’ll try that routine later today myself! Sure would be nice to get back to normal.

Hello
Since one week I can’t see images on my screen, working with an iPad and Mavic 2 pro.
it’s not a drone’s problem , since I receive an images when I switch to GSP.
This issue was always present but I use to shut down the. drone radio and then the live images appear . Now shutting down the radio doesn’t help.
Also some times the drone stability is very bad only. when I’m working with Pix4D, very disappointed.

Hello everyone,

You should be able to have a camera view while running the iOS version of Pix4Dcapture. We can’t replicate the issue on our side. If you have any issue, I would suggest you to go through our basic checks and troubleshooting steps as it will solve most of the issues that can be encountered by users.