Incorrectly calibrated cameras creating errors in point cloud

Hi Marco

Thanks for the reply, I have asked for direct support, and they have recommended me to select as much as images for GCP’'s and MTP’s. Now I am reoptimizing and waiting for the result to come out.

I am attaching the old quality report, can’t find the log have not saved it, but you can check it for your reference if you have any other comments or suggestions please do let me know, as I would appricate any help from you guys. Thanks

Merge F for GCP_report.pdf (1.0 MB)

Best

Hi @ganerdene.qc,

Please avoid multiple publications.
When marking MTP, use “Automatic Marking”, this will create more marks because you have very little number:

If some of your GCPs still present high error, I would consider them as checkpoints and not as GCP.
Overall, you need to have well spread and up to 10 GCPs, adding more does not significantly affect the accuracy.
Good luck

Hey! I’m having the same issue with water in quarry Mapping (see attachment). I really like the 3D Mesh that comes out, but anytime there is water in the bottom of a quarry, it gets to looking like this.

Any help is very much appreciated. (BTW, no camera Calibration or other issues - seems like there is a problem with reflectance rather than processing)

Regards

D

Hello Daniel,

This is a common issue. The photogrammetry software can not deal with water. Water is homogeneous and it´s hard to find common points on the images. In addition to this, water moves. Photogrammetry can not deal with moving points/objects.

The best solution would be to erase those point cloud using our editing tools: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202560499 . The deleted points will not be taken into account for the Mesh generation.

Regards,