SenseFly S.O.D.A. camera firmware - How to process S.O.D.A. images

Hello all,

The senseFly S.O.D.A. camera’s firmware was upgraded to version 1.2.0 in June 2017 and the S.O.D.A. camera model in the Pix4D camera database has been updated accordingly.

If you want to process images taken with the new camera’s firmware you simply select the camera model from the camera database.
We recommend all users upgrading the S.O.D.A.camera to the latest firmware.

However, for the users that have not upgraded the S.O.D.A. firmware and need to process images taken with the old firmware (1.1.0), the workaround described below can be followed:

1. Download the previous camera model from the link here.
  2. In the Help menu select Settings…->Camera Database.
  3. Click Import… in the User Database section.
  4. Select the soda_old_firmware.xml that you downloaded from the link.
  5. Click OK.
  6. Click Project -> Image Properties Editor, then click Edit… under Selected Camera Model section.
  7. In the Camera Model Name drop-down list, select the camera model “S.O.D.A._10.6_5472x3648_fw_1.1.0” you have just imported.
  8. Process step 1. Initial Processing.
  9. Check the results in the rayCloud view and the Quality Report.

IMPORTANT

To simplify the procedure, we have added the camera model from the previous firmware version directly in the Pix4D camera database.

The new workaround is:

1. Click Project > Image Properties Editor
  2. Under Selected Camera Model, click Edit…
  3. Change the camera model to S.O.D.A._10.6_5472x3648_fw_1.1.0

Feel free to share your experience and questions below.

Pix4D Support Team

To simplify the procedure, we have added the camera model from the previous firmware version directly in the Pix4D camera database. 

The new workaround is: 

1. Click Project > Image Properties Editor
  2. Under Selected Camera Model, click Edit…
  3. Change the camera model to  S.O.D.A._10.6_5472x3648_fw_1.1.0
1 Like

Hi

I’ve updated the firmware on the Camera to 1.2.

When I import my images from the updated model its showing me the camera model is version 1.1 (see below Image)

I don’t see any options to select model 1.2 from the different models within the database.

Is it first option ok to proceed with?

Olly

Hi Paul, 

Good point. The camera model associated to the new firmware (1.2) does not have the firmware version in the name, as this should be the model for all future firmwares (at least for the moment). Hence, if the images were taken with the camera that has firmware 1.2, you can select the model S.O.D.A._10.2_5472x3648 (in yellow in the screenshot) below: 

Let us know if any issue remains. :slight_smile:

What about the new 1.3 software? I have a soda camera too. So I need the manually do this?

@J Downing: Please see this post for the firmware version 1.3 of the S.O.D.A. Normally, the camera model should be detected automatically with version 1.3. 

Hi,

I have Pix4D 3.1.22 that is the last update in my licence.

What happens if I need to update the SODA camera?

Does it work?

Hi Jose,

If you are connected to the internet the database should be updated. However, since you are using 3.1.22 it may be that you could have conflicts in the version. The best would be if you could check which database you have and see if both SODA camera models are there.

To check please follow the steps below:

1. Open the icmdb.xml file using notepad. The file is located in the Pix4Dmapper installation folder, which is stored, by default, in C:\Users\pix4d\AppData\Local\pix4d\common
  2. Search for S.O.D.A
  3. If you have both camera models when creating a project you need to make sure the correct one is assigned.
  4. If you have just one you will have to update or create the camera model by yourself and save it in the user database.

Cheers,

Ina

Dropbox link empty?

Hi @manjutn1995,

Thank you for letting us know the link doesn’t work anymore. I’ll update the post.

However, you don’t need the link anymore.
In our database, we have a definition for S.O.D.A firmware 1.1.0.
So all you have to do is to select it from the drop-down menu - S.O.D.A._10.2_5472x3648_fw_1.1.0.

Best!

1 Like

Thank you so much …