Calibration image not compatible

Dear Support,

I am processing a multispectral project. Images were taken with multiSPEC 4C and the calibration target by AIRINOV which albedo values are already known by the manufacturer. Whenever I calibrate the Green band everything works okay, but I have problem with the other channles. The software claims that:

Warning]: Warning w9020: GDAL error <1> TIFFFetchNormalTag:Incompatible type for “RichTIFFIPTC”; tag ignored

[Error]: This image is not compatible with the 'multiSPEC4C\_3.6\_1280x960 (Red)(2)' camera.

I tried with two different datasets from different periods of time and the error remains!

Could you please explain why there are 8 calibration images for 4 bands? Is the camera taking 2 images per band? How could I recognize for which band a particular image has been taken?

I would very much appreciate it if you shed some light on the calibration problem I have.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Paulina Raeva

Hey Paulina,
Parrot Sequoia normally takes three sets of images per band, so you would have 12 calibration images in total. It does that so you would be able to pick the best calibration image, if the lighting conditions are changing and if there is over or under exposure. I would pick the calibration image that has the most variance. You would be able to recognize the specific calibration image per band by looking at their name, It should have the name GRE, RED,REG and NIR at the end.
I believe you are getting that error because you may be trying to select a a different calibration band image instead of the Red band calibration image.

1 Like

Hi Selim,

Thank you for your reply :slight_smile:

I am actually using multiSPEC 4C. Unfortunately, I can’t resolve my problem. So, I have two different datasets. I can calibrate the Green band with all the pictures taken in the field but every time I upload a calibration pic (any of the 8 pics) to calibrate any of the other 3 channels I get the messages below. 

Thanks in advance for any kind of advice. :slight_smile:

[UI]: Processing Options clicked.

[Error]: This image is not compatible with the 'multiSPEC4C\_3.6\_1280x960 (NIR)(4)' camera.

[Error]: This image is not compatible with the 'multiSPEC4C\_3.6\_1280x960 (Red)(2)' camera.

[Error]: This image is not compatible with the 'multiSPEC4C\_3.6\_1280x960 (Red edge)(3)' camera.

[Error]: This image is not compatible with the 'multiSPEC4C\_3.6\_1280x960 (Red edge)(3)' camera.

[Error]: This image is not compatible with the 'multiSPEC4C\_3.6\_1280x960 (NIR)(4)' camera.

Hey Paulina,
Oops sorry I didn’t realize you were using a Multispec 4C. I have processed many Parrot Sequoia, MicaSense RedEdge and some Slantrange datasets however I have never processed a Multispec 4C dataset Are you able to determine which calibration image is specifically for which band? And also if you are using an AIRINOV calibration target Pix4D should automatically recognize the calibration target. Were you able to successfully process other datasets using the same calibration target?

@Paulina

Could it be that the calibration target has a different resolution from the dataset?

Cheers,

Ina

Hi Paulina,

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I am running in to the exact same problem with processing my MultiSPEC 4c images as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Hailey (Scott Powell’s intern)

Hi Hailey,

Can you check if the calibration images are of the same resolution as Ina mentioned?