Desktop Flight Plan

Hi Andrew and Sarantopoulos.d,

We totally understand your concerns here and as I wrote in my previous comment, the teams are especially focused at the moment to work on a new approach of the software. In the future, the application will enable more interoperability between platforms and having a desktop flight planning app is part of the project.

I can then reassure you that it is currently in our pipeline to have those features implemented and to facilitate the user flight planning experience especially when they are made for business purposes.

Every single feedback is taken into account in our process to improve our app.

About the map background services, it is possible using both iOS and Android version of Pix4Dcapture to set a custom basemap provider like google map.
To change, the street or/and satellite basemap provider. In Pix4Dcapture, go to Settings > Map.
To set a custom map provider like Google Maps, I would suggest you read this post and this comment which describe how to proceed.

Also, a .kml/.kmz file can be imported on the Android version of Pix4Dcapture. The procedure can be found on our Knowledge Base at the following link.

Best,