Can't Update Ctrl+DJI App

My Asus ZenPad Z8 is getting an error when trying to update Ctrl+DJI through the Play Store.

Error code is -505.

Not in the Play Store is that “This app may not be optimized for your device”

I just installed an Android update to 7.0 with security update Sept 1, 2017

This maybe is a Support issue but I thought others here might have seen this problem.

Hi Adam,

At the moment there are no other users reporting this problem.

Have a look at the following post and try if you can pass the error this way:

Method 1: Clear Cache and Data of Google Play Store:

• Go to Settings.
  • Click on Apps or Application Manager option.
  • Now, swipe right further to open All tab.
  • Now, scroll down and look for Google Play Store app. Click on it.
  • Here, you will see two buttons – 1. Clear Cache and 2. Clear Data. Click on them.

Method 2: Reconfigure your Google Account:

• Go to Settings.
  • Click on Google option under Accounts Section.
  • Now, click on your Google account and select Remove Account option.
  • Now, restart your android phone and reconfigure your Google Account.

Best,

I have the same problems now, thanks for the instruction

Magically yesterday it updated just fine without touching any settings…very odd…

That’s curious, but glad to hear that the problem was solved Adam!

Could have been my tablet as I had just updated the OS.  I certainly can’t pinpoint Pix4D so let’s mark it down as “one of those computer things”  :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, sounds fair. :slight_smile:

Hi,

In the meantime we were investigating the case with our developers and noticed that this could be related to the fact that not more than one app can use the same permission (hence the SDK) at the same time.  

This means that if users installs any other app which is using DJI SDK we are not able to install our app for the store. 

Current workaround: 

• Do not install more than one app that is using DJI SDK on your device, e.g. Ctrl+DJI and another app.

As a side note, you can have Pix4Dcapture, Ctrl+DJI and DJI GO app installed on the same device at the same time. 

We are waiting for the new DJI SDK release that will most probably solve this issue and also actively working on providing a permanent solution on our side.

Make sure to follow this thread as we will post the updates of the situation here.

Best,

1 Like

Interesting Blaz, I have no issue on 3 devices that have no less than 3 flight apps each.  I just haven’t seen an issue even with 6 flight apps on my one testing device.