Any other way to transfer pics besides app?

I got the P3A flying, taking pictures and landing. I then get the app showing me the pics have been downloaded, but when I click on “preview 3 map” or whatever it is, nothing happens. If I try to download them via the app from mission manager, app crashes…

I’m pretty sure you can’t download the images from the SD card, so is there any other way to get the images besides through the app which isn’t working for me?

FYI, i’m on the latest FW for the p3a and tablet is a 5.1.1 nivida shield with the latest dji go app.

Thanks

If it is just the pictures that you require you can either take out the micro sim card and connect it to a computer using an adapter, or you can simply plug a usb to micro usb (same cord that connects your tablet to controller) to the port in the side of the P3A. Turn the P3A on whilst it is connected to the computer and you can just transfer the files there. 

Glen,

I thought you can’t just pull the images directly from the drone because the geo tagging and altitude is not attached to them and that’s why you need the app to pull it?

Emir,

I can testify that if you take them off in the methods I have described above the geotags are attached to the photos.

Hi Glen and Emir,

Here is what Pix4Dcapture does.

1. If the synchronization was not successful, you should have:
  • Images on the drone’s SD card with AGL vertical coordinates. AGL means above ground level since the drone measures the elevation using an altimeter.
  1. If the synchronization was successful, you should additionally have:
  • Images on the phone’s memory with MSL vertical coordinates (generated by the app).
  • .p4d file on phone’s memory which contains the list of the images with their MSL vertical coordinates (generated by the app).
  1. If both the synchronization and the upload to the Pix4D cloud was successful, you should additionally have:
  • Images on the cloud with MSL vertical coordinates (transferred from the phone).
  • .p4d file on the cloud which contains the list of the images with their MSL vertical coordinates (transferred from the phone).

Regardless of the images you used (either from the drone, phone, or cloud), they all have accurate geotaggs.
The only difference is the reference for the elevation. But this can be corrected for AGL having some ground control points (GCPs) for instance.

Best regards,