[Android] Ctrl+DJI has stopped on DJI Matrice series (M100, M200)

Hi, I recently updated pix4d Capture to the latest version (4.3.0) and whenever I try to start the flight plan, Ctrl+DJI (1.9.0) stops working.
I’m using DJI Matrice 100 and Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 with Android 7.0. Any suggestions ?

Hi John,

Thank you for the details provided.

To be able to troubleshoot your issue, my suggestions/questions here would be to:

Prior to a flight:

• Have you already fly successful missions in your configuration using Pix4Dcapture? If yes, has the issue first occurred after a software update?
  • Make sure that you are updated with both the latest Pix4Dcapture and ctrl+DJI versions, drone firmware version and potentially the mobile device os version. 
  • What camera do you use? Do you fly with a custom camera or/and “uncommon” settings" (safe mode, …)? Is the camera recognized properly and is the connection to the drone effective and without any issue? (you can look at the telemetry on the application to make sure of that)
  • Is this behavior occurring all the time? Or is it random? Can you describe exactly at what point the plugin ctrl+DJI stops working and if the pattern is always the same? Is it when you go to the takeoff checklist? What is the error displayed on your mobile device? Is there a way you can send screenshots?

If experiencing issues while planning a mission / connecting to the drone / flying a mission:

• Make sure that you are not flying in a No-Fly-Zone.
  • Restart the mission from scratch. To do so, close and force quit the app, disconnect the mobile device, turn off the remote controller and the drone. Then respectively switch on the drone, then the remote controller and finally Pix4Dcapture. 
  • Make sure that the drone app is not running in the background. You can follow-up this procedure.
    basic checks and troubleshooting.
  • (In DJI GO 4) check that everything is running fine. You should have a stable connection and the ability to takeoff and fly manually, to get the camera view and to take pictures.
  • (In DJI GO 4) make sure that no settings can prevent the mission to be done (Maximum altitude, beginners mode, …).
  • (in DJI GO 4) make sure that compass calibration is not required or recalibrate the compass.
  • Try another mobile device, if possible.

You can also try to :

• Login/logout from the application
  • Reinstalling ctrl+DJI and Pix4Dcapture from scratch following the procedure below.
  1. back up your data if needed by making a backup of Pix4D folder (Local Storage > Device storage > Pix4D)
  2. Uninstall Pix4Dcapture and Ctrl+DJI
  3. Navigate to Local Storage > Device storage > Pix4D
  4. Delete all of the folder’s contents (don’t forget to backup it first if necessary)
  5. Delete the Pix4D folder
  6. Reinstall the latest version of Pix4Dcapture and Ctrl+DJI
  7. Launch Pix4Dcapture and log in
  8. Optional: force stop Pix4Dcapture and place the mission folders that you saved in a different location back into the Pix4D folder. Relaunch Pix4Dcapture to verify that the missions are available.

Please make sure to have gone through all the suggestions provided. Also, the more detailed your answers to my questions will be, the easier it will be to troubleshoot.

I wait for your feedback before going further in the troubleshooting process.

Best,

Hi Gaël,

I’ve done several flights using Pix4Dcapture before and had no issues. The problem first occurred after the latest update (4.3.0)

I reinstalled Pix4Dcapture and ctrl+DJI and updated DJI Firmware on both the drone and controller and tried it on both android 7.0 and 8.0 (in different devices).

I use parrot sequoia camera which is in the Pix4D list.

This problem occurs every time since the update. The plugin stops working always during the takeoff checklist and says that ‘‘ctrl+DJI has stopped working’’.

Hi John,

Thank you for your clear answers. I think the root cause is quite clear now. Applications updates (Pix4Dcapture and Ctrl+DJI) has induced this regression.
As an additional information, the issue you are experiencing has been reported by another user and then I have already reported it to the developer’s team so that they fix this bug.

Can you just confirm me that you removed the default camera to integrate the sequoia camera?

I will change the title of your post and make an official comment about it so that users bumping into the bug can easily find the info.

Best,

To all users,

If you are flying with the following configuration:

• A DJI Matrice drone, for now at least with M200 and M100 but it is probably extended to all Matrice series.
  • Android version of Pix4Dcapture (V4.3.0) and Ctrl+DJI (V1.9) latest versions.
  • Default camera removed for integration of custom camera like the Sequoia camera.

Issue: The Ctrl+DJI plugin will stop working when going to the takeoff checklist. 

The bug has been reported to the developer’s team so that they fix it as soon as possible. The only workaround we can suggest for now is to use iOS version of Pix4Dcapture. You will have moreover the opportunity to set a custom camera.

Thank you for your understanding and sorry for the inconvenience,

Best,

Hi Gaël,

Yes, I use parrot sequoia camera for over a year and had no issues.

OK thank you! I’m looking forward to hearing if you fix this bug!

Best,