Annotation editing improved

We improved the way you can edit your polyline and polygon annotations using shift to enable point snapping. We even added the ability to delete an existing point :sweat_smile: :tada:. Other changes include how we display measurements in extreme case, and the second version of the I-Construction report. Read on for the detail and, happy mapping!

Editor Snapping

Snap your annotations to line and points by holding down the shift key. Hold down the shift key while drawing an annotation to snap the next point to an existing feature (line, polygon, or marker) in the 2D and 3D views.

Delete existing points

The most straightforward features are sometimes coming last. Well, starting today you can delete a point from your existing polygon or polyline. Drop a point on another one to remove it. Welcome to 2018, the year you don’t need to delete the whole annotation when you miss the perfect click #itisabouttime.

Measurement of exotic coordinates system

We now display the measurement values on every project, even if it is lacking coordinate system or use an exotic one. In those case, we display no units, and the users can read a warning next to the value in the inspector panel.

I-Construction report v2

Users from Japan can now benefit from the updated version of the I-Construction report.

Post-processing state in viewers

After the processing, you can already download the produced outputs. But, before we can display the 2D and the 3D view, the system need to post-process the various outputs (e.g., to generate tiles). Before, we were waiting until the very end before displaying the project. From now on, we will start to show the map and tell you which data still need processing so that you can have access to your project quicker and hopefully, understand better what is still going on. Another change introduced by this update is that when you replace an existing output with a new one, the older version won’t be displayed anymore until we post-processed it.

Bug fixes and minor improvements

• Make the fullscreen button more obvious in the right panel
  • Fix an issue where going from the 3D view to the 2D view using a shared project link was not working
  • Remove the space at the top of the views of uncategorized Pix4D bim and Pix4D ag projects
  • Fix a bug where a download button was shown for the CAD overlay in Pix4D bim even if the feature is not available.
  • Fix Pix4D bim overlay upload on Firefox and Microsoft Edge
  • Apply the same input validation rules on the front end than on the backend
  • Fix an issue where point cloud where crashing due to a negative number entered in the number of points
  • Fix the link to the official Pix4D website (yes, it was wrong :-/)
  • Fix a broken URL to the i-Construction output help page
  • Fix a typo where ‘January’ was displayed instead of ‘Jan’ in the date chooser

We hope you will enjoy all those new changes as much as we enjoyed developing them. Please, Feel free to share your feeling about the new features below.

5 Likes