Beta OS X version of Pix4Dmapper 2.1

_This post refers to OS X Pix4Dmapper 2.1. Since the release of OS X Pix4Dmapper _2.2, we have created a new post here, on which you can post your comments and your feedback.
This post will be closed to comments.

We hope version 2.2 will better meet your needs.

How to install the Mac version

Follow these steps to install the Mac version:

1. Download the Mac beta version from here: https://mapper.pix4d.com/download/mapper/dmg/
  2. Go to Downloads folder and double click Pix4Dmapper_2.1.XX.dmg.
  3. Move the Pix4Dmapper icon to the Applications folder. Pix4Dmapper is now installed.
  4. If you are not the Administrator, authenticate adding the username and password of the Administrator.
  5. Eject “Pix4Dmapper” image.
  6. Launch Pix4Dmapper.
  7. A warning message will appear: “Pix4Dmapper is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?”. Select Open.
  8. Add your username and password. Pix4Dmapper will open.

Known issue : The software cannot automatically prevent the computer from entering sleep mode while processing. For more information on how to manually disable the sleep mode while processing: 208355936.

You can also download version 2.0.104 from here: https://mapper.pix4d.com/download/mapperprevious/dmg

FAQ

What about the licenses?

Your existing paid licenses will work just as well on the beta Mac version; it will just count as another installation but you can float easily from one device to another. You can also use the beta Mac version with the free Discovery license.

What are the minimum hardware requirements?

You need Mac OS X 10.11 - El Capitan to run Pix4Dmapper.
At this point, we no longer have the possibility of supporting and testing on Mac OS X 10.10. Upgrading from Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite is free, and all Mac computers that can run these previous versions can also run El Capitan. Upgrading is a fast, simple and safe process done through the Mac App Store and all the files that you have on your computer are preserved.

The beta version has been tested with the following Mac computers:

Pix4Dmapper should run on other Macs from this period, with similar specifications. We recommend the fastest i7 processors and at least 16GB RAM.

We also plan to test the beta version on more Mac computers. Your feedback for compatibility issues with other Mac devices is more than welcome.

Is there any difference between Mac/Windows versions?

The main difference in the Mac version is the lack of Nvidia CUDA, PDF3D and SGM support. We are also working on improving the display for Retina screens. In addition, the Map View does not have a Satellite view as background at the moment.

Is support provided for the beta Mac version?

The Mac version is in beta. Therefore, personal support is not yet provided. However, you are welcome to post your feedback on the Forum to help us improve the beta. You can post your comments, suggestions or issues in this section of the Forum.

Are the Manual and Knowledge Base valid for the beta Mac version?

Apart from the installation of Pix4Dmapper, the lack of GPU processing, the 3D PDF limitation and the lack of SGM, the documentation of Pix4Dmapper is valid for the beta Mac version.

We hope that you will enjoy using the beta Mac version and we are looking forward to receiving your feedback.

I’ve installed on my Apple Mac Pro 6.1: it crashes continuously and is not able to open the old projects.
What is wrong? Do I have to restart the computer after installation of new version 2.1.51?

Also after restart, with a simple project of 5 images geolocated the program starts, but after a few minutes crashes and is unable to finish the initial process.

How can I downgrade to the previous version?

Kind regards. 

P.S: where is now the satellite vision?

Hey All

I downloaded and installed the Mac Beta version 2.1 Mapper.  When I go to open it says the file is damaged and it should be moved to the trash.  Tried this 3 times with same result.  Is there something corrupted in the download version?

Thanks to “Time Capsule” I have restored the previous version and previous files on my Mac Pro 6.1: now Pix4D works again, but only if I use the 2.0 version, not the 2.1 one!

Kind regards.

www.aerialdroneostro.com

@ Antonio: Is your Mac device 2014 or more recent? Can you please send us the specifications of your device?

@Richard: The dmg file is not corrupted. However, this message appears if you have OS X 10.10. We would recommend you to upgrade to OS X El Capitan 10.11. The process is easy and you can upgrade for free.
Unfortunately, during the development of version 2.1, we could not test it in OS X 10.10 and we cannot guarantee that it will work. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. 

@ Support

It still no work the version 2.1 crashes all the time it is possible to us to download the version 2.0?

@Sebastian Correa Echeverri

I’ve solved using “Time Machine”, downgrading to version 2.0 the software and files created both together.

@Suppport

This is the screenshot of my system: I think it is capable to work fine as it was working fine with previous version (2.0) until yesterday (except for satellite vision defragmented and others unsolved questions)

Hey guys ! 
Can we please please have a dmg file for the older version ? 
Now it always crashes on my Macbook Pro (end 2011) 2.2 Ghz Intel Core I7 16Go 1333Mz :frowning:
And I need it these days … 

@Upperview Productions

Follow my suggestion and use “Time Machine”

@Antonio Anelli

I sadly didn’t have any time machine back-ups on this computer in the last month (and installed Pix4D during that period of time…). 
Is there any way you could send me the dmg file by retransfer ? :slight_smile:

Dear All,

If you are facing any crashes and your hardware specifications meet the requirements mentioned above in this post, can you please send us the following:

1. Hardware and OS specifications.
    Amount of RAM memory:
    GPU used:
    GPU driver version:
    CPU used:
    Available hard disk space:

2. The log file generated by Pix4Dmapper.

3. The Mac OS X crash log.
    When the software crashes, a pop-up window appears displaying a complete stack trace. You can save this information to a file and share it with us. This will help us find out more about your crash.

You can send these files to support@pix4d.com

Best regards,

Unfortunatly I’ve downgraded to previous version after four or five crashes: the application starts “initial process”, but a few seconds later crashes and is unable to continue. I’ve destroyed report, application and new files

@ Antonio 

I haven’t configure the time machine it is posible to share the version 2.0? so I can try it?

There maybe licensing issues if your time machine is running VM.

Joking!!

@Sebastian

I’m not sure, but I’ll search the previous .dmg file for you on my storages and if I’ll find it, I will inform you by this blog.
Another way is to use bootcamp and install Windows 10 on your Mac.
Surely is not the best way for an Apple user, but I tried it and it works.
So you too have had a lot of crashes like me, isn’t it?

Regards.

@Sebastian

I’ve done my best and found a Pix4Dmapper _2.0.89.dmg file: it is an old version not the previous of the last one, if I’m not wrong. Let me know if it is useful for you

@ Antonio 

Really tank you, yes I have a lot of crashes, I think that version works.

@Sebastian

Ok. 

Give me a way to send the .dmg file (about 168,7 MB) to you and I’ll do.

@ Antonio 

Really really thank you, how can we connect this is my email, scorrea92@hotmail.com, lets talk by e-mail, it is okey to you?