[Android] Beta release 2.0.8

I used both a Nvidia Shield and Galaxy Note Edge which both work, fly capture pictures, but fail on picture syncing. (both have their respective latest android versions, which I think is 5.1.1)

I actually had the nvidia shield sync all the photos and I had a button came up that said preview 3D mapping or something. Clicked on it, nothing happened.

tried to manually download the pictures (via mission manager) and it pretty much keeps locking up after getting a picture or two.

Very disappointed :frowning: I’m glad such technology exists and hope I can actually use it one day.

@Emir: Thanks for your feedback. I’m glad to see that you can take pictures. For now, you should just take the pictures directly from the SD card of your drone and copy them on your desktop for use with Pix4Dmapper. The download will be fixed soon, hopefully!

Jonas,

Thanks!

I thought you can’t just pull the images from the drone and transfer into pix4Dmapper because the pictures aren’t geo tagged and no altitude info is written on the exif?

If I’m wrong let me know and I’ll do that tonight. Would love to get this to work. and I sure hope download is fixed soon! is that an issue everyone is having?

@Emir: The bad geotag is for the Phantom 2 Vision+, not for the P3/I1 anymore. So feel free to use the images directly from the SD card, because it is much better than nothing.

However, Capture is still trying to get more data for the processing, and in the future version it will always be recommended to use the project file (*.p4d) generated by Capture!

The sync problem comes from SDK 2. We are now integrating SDK 3, so this should get solved soon both for iOS and Android.

Still working fine on 1.0.6 FW. Only issue is still I have to turn off phone between each mission.

WARNING !!!

DON’T KNOW IF THIS AFFECTS PIX4D

Gone very quiet in here ??

Still going strong with no issues using latest version, latest FW on Inspire and Note 2 running app.

Hello!

We are working on a new architecture and integration of SDK 3. In the meantime, we will very soon have a new release that fixes the connection problem for the Samsung S6 edge, hopefully the other phones too.

Happy to hear that the latest version is working for you!

Jonas,

Thanks…we may be quiet…but we are not going away! I am patiently awaiting your new release.

Yeah right…I want it yesterday :slight_smile:

P3 Advanced ticks all the boxes but will not start the mission. I lift it up to about 6 feet, hold start button…the small drone on the screen moves up the screen but P3 stays in hover. DJI Go had been force quit. Any ideas?

Tom, what phone / tablet ?

Sorry Paul Xperia Z tablet running 5.1.1 P3 latest firmware. I also noticed P3 didn’t start as easy as normal when running Capture…I presume we are still supposed to put in a hover before pushing start mission?

Tom

I’ve been unable to get the software to run on anything running lollipop. The exact same scenario as you. I’ve tried a Moto x and Nexus 7 running lollipop with no luck but a Galaxy Note 2 and a Samsung S3 mini both running Jelly Bean with no issues whatsoever.

Do you have an old Android device that you can try ?

Paul

@Tom

What I have found…

• I read through the directions (Link) again and it worked when I did the following:

• At the warning I clicked “Next”

• At the Grid Mission, I started the propellers and lifted the drone into the air about 5 feet.

• Then I clicked “Next”

• I let everything sync and then pressed and held for 3 seconds.

What DIDN’T work:

• At the warning I clicked “Next”
  • At the Grid Mission I clicked “Next”
  • It started to sync
  • I started the propellers and lifted the drone into the air about 5 feet.
  • Once it was synced, I pressed and held for 3 seconds.

Basically, At the grid mission do not click next until your drone is in the air.

I am curious if that will work…

Johnny

Thanks Johny I shall try that tomorrow. Paul…Sorry I don’t have older system.

We have no problem on KitKat and Lollipop on our devices. Marshmallow is supported in the release that will come very soon.

We are making our best for finishing the integration of SDK3 as soon as possible (it is progressing every day ;-)), and until then, we cannot do much for the phones that cannot use Capture :frowning: :-(.

Oh, actually, on SDK3, you *must* start Capture with the “USB Accessory connected” popup. Probably it is a good idea to do that with the current version, too.

Your method worked with my P3A Johny.

As you suggested, I launched Grid Mission whilst it was in a low hover. It flew to and from the mission at the same slow speed it did the mission, but at least it’s a start. Weird things happened during my flight though…Xperia started showing a movie mid mission…

Hi, This is for those who experienced that the P3 is hovering after start and do not want to perform the mission. I had the same issue, though I made everything regarding to the advices that can be read here in this post. When I checked the MC Settings in DJI Go I found, that Distance Limit was On and MFD was 30 m. I turned DL and Beginner mode off, then exited from DJI Go, and closed it. After this Capture app worked well. I have P3P fw 1.6.40, Go app is 2.6.0, RC is 1.5.70, Capture is 2.0.8. Tablet is a Lenovo A5500, Android 4.4.2. I have only one issue, the live image is not displayed in Capture app when running on the Lenovo. But on my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini the live image displayed. The Samsung has Android 4.4.2 too. For me the system worked well when the mode swith was on “F” position when I started Capture app. It worked well also when it was on “P”, and switched to “F” just when the checklist appeared. I lifted the P3P to 5-10 meters manually when the Grid Mission message displayed. I hope this will help to others.

• P3A
  • FW v.1.6.0.40
  • Capture App 2.0.8
  • DJI Go 2.4.3
  • Samsung S5 Android 5.0 Lollipop

Hey all.  Haven’t posted in a while but just wanted to add that I used Pix4d Capture App today with success.  I had to manually take off and then go through the “Next” screens as John Aguirre and tom kidd have said.  The mission was executed flawlessly and the P3A returned home on its own.  

I have been using other apps as well like Drone Deploy.  One feature I would like to see the Pix4d application add is allowing us to map as large of area as we please.  Drone Deploy handles this by allowing you to set your grid for your area.  As the battery runs down to a low level, the operator can stop the mission and return the drone home.  You can then reload a fresh battery and resume the mission from where it previously stopped.  You can continue to do this for as long as you need (or have batteries for) until the mission is complete.