[Android Beta] - Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced and Inspire 1

Hi Jonas,

2.03 works well with P3P on my old HTC M7 phone with Android 5.02. But on brand new Nexus 9 with newly updated Android 5.1.1 the app crashes and freezes tablet soon after selecting ‘grid mission’ or ‘free-flight’. It allows approximately 5-20 seconds of manipulating the grid and then slowly freezes (seemingly excessive CPU usage).

when it is released the new version of android capture app compatible with the firmware 1.0.4.0005 ? Thank’s

I am running P2V+,  P3P FW 01.04.00.06 and the  Pix4d app 2.0.3.  My problem is the sdcard.  Both of phantoms cannot recognize sdcard with pix4d capture app.  But there are no problem with DJI apps. How can I fix this problem?

Would we get support for the Phantom 3 Standard?

la versión 2.0.3 no se eleva mas de un metro, se puede regresar a la versión 2.0.2.

o hay alguna solución para este problema???

Por favor ayuda … Yo USABA pix4d capture beta 2.0.2 en Android  … En phantom 3 professional sin ningún problema…  Pero se actualizo automáticamente y ahora tengo pix4d capture v2.0.3 y no puedo volar el phantom 3 …  Como puedo regresar a la versión 2.0.2… Por favor ayudenme…  Es de suma importancia gracias 

Please help … I used pix4d Android 2.0.2 beta capture a phantom 3 Professional … With the upgrade stopped working … As I can go back to version 2.0.2 please help

hello 

I have just tried to do a grid mission that failed due to “unable to connect to drone” message.

pix4d capture: is the new 2.0.3

dji firmware: P3X_FW_V01.04.0001.bin

phne: LG G3 D855

A.  I have read that others were succeeded in making the grid mission, what am I doing wrong?

B.  in the DJI download page there are 2 download options: 1.Beta Firmware 2. SDK & Software.

I have downloaded only the Beta Firmware, is it o.k.? whats the SDK & Software for?

thanks

Another thought I had.  For the overlaps, it would be ideal to have more control than just high, medium or low… Maybe specify a percentage and how you want the overlap to occur.

Running FW 01.04.00.06 on I1 and the 2.0.3 Capture app - couldn’t get it to work. The preflight check failed (no satellites, …) already used advanced mode to ignore the battery status. The App crashed a lot before it even connected to the i1 (android 4.4). Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Hello, I wanted to comment on my experience.

I have a phanton 3 Professional. I’ve installer firmware 1.04.005 and use the Capture 2.0.3. (Mobile Samsung note 4)

The first thing I notice, and I miss, is to have more information on the capture telelemetria. I have no information of battery level while running a mission drone, which I do not like anything. It would also be nice to calibrate the compass without opening the DJI-GO application.

I have observed strong interference entity and the DJI-GO Capture application. In fact if DJI-GO is open there are problems with capture. In preparing everything takes time. We reached the place of the flight and open the application. There is always a problem because it is impossible to take off. When he finally can take off, it’s been 5 or 10 min. That time all-on has consumed between 5% and 7% of the battery power.

Drone up manually raise and we transmit the mission. Initially remains static over me, about 30 seconds or more. I think he has failed, suddenly he begins to rise slowly and when it reaches the selected altitude, begins to move faster toward the starting point.

When it reaches the starting point begins to move and shoot pictures correctly through all the lines intended. This has been a complete success. Congratulations on your hard work.

When it reaches the end, it begins the RTH and land properly. Try to send photos to mobile. It seems that some photos are transferred correctly, but as at this time is not representative, decide to cancel the transfer.

I have HDMI FPV module installed on the transmitter, while the mission was executed was possible to see the images, but each time a picture was taken, the hdmi screen was black.

Once underway, with version 1.4.46 PIX4d results analysis has shown that there is an initial and final focal difference of 89%. The photos were taken at 19:30 and cloudy sky. Not if that’s the reason. In any case I miss the option to configure picture settings and view the parameter EV.

A greeting.

Good afternoon.
Dji has announced that the day 7/9/2015 launches new firmware. Do you know if this firmware will be compatible with capture ?,Can  we install this firmware all who have installed the beta firmware?
PIX4d PEOPLE, Have you got any information about it?

@Joseph: On your SD card, there should be a .txt file giving some feedback on the last updates / errors (as described in DJI’s document, linked in the “Install the DJI beta firmware” section above). What is it saying?

@Simon: Thanks for the report, we will try to test that!

@Marco: Capture 2.0.3 requires 01.04.X! So the answer is “yes”.

@Giljae: What do you mean with “cannot recognize the SD card”? Does it prevent the drone from flying? The SD card feedback in the telemetry popup is currently disabled because of the P3/I1 integration, sorry for that. If it prevents you from making missions, then it is a bug. Let me know!

@Teejay: It is already in Capture 2.0.3 beta. It flies and takes pictures. The synchronization (copying images from the drone to the phone) is not stable so it crashes for big missions. We are working on that, and we hope that the next firmwares will make things more stable!

@GUIILERMO: Which version of the firmware do you have on your drone? You cannot downgrade the firmware on your drone anyway. If you have version 01.04.X, then you need Capture 2.0.3. If you don’t, then maybe you should update your firmware. If you want to downgrade Capture, please contact support@pix4d.com.

@vicente: Did you upgrade both the firmware and Capture? Capture 2.0.3 only supports firmwares 01.04.X (that is not our choice, we are sorry for this issue).

@lior: You are right with the “Beta Firmware” on DJI download page. But the current version is 01.04.0005. I never had access to 01.04.0001, so I don’t know if it is compatible or not. Could you try version 01.04.0005? That is the one we are using at Pix4D right now.

@Keenan: Can you develop on this need? Why is it not enough as it is now?

@johannes: Is it working with DJI Go? Did you select “I1 (beta)” in the dropdown list in the Map View? Did you try to restart your phone and your drone, connect the phone to the remote controller, and then start Capture? Is it better?

@guillermo

• The battery level is always showing on the upper right corner of the Map View. If you click on it, then you will see the telemetry appearing.
  • We are sorry for the interference between Capture and DJI Go. We believe that the SDK should handle that better, since we have no control over DJI Go from Capture.
  • Happy to see that it can take pictures successfully for you!
  • It is normal that the HDMI screen becomes black while taking a picture ;-).
  • The focal difference is a bug in Pix4Dmapper. We are working on that, sorry for the inconvenience!

@gmclamo: I am not completely sure what you are talking about. Are you talking about firmware 01.04.X beta from DJI? Please read the information in the original post by Paul (above) about all that. Basically, you need to have the beta firmware from DJI in order to use Capture 2.0.3 beta.

Hello,

I am trying to use the App 2.0.3 with either 1.4.0.8 or the new 1.4.0.10 and have no success with my Nexus 9. The app slows down and freezes after a while. Touch feedback is super slow. Did a Factory Reset already but with no success. OS is Lollipop 5.1.1.

Anyone else?

Thank you,

Rudy

gmclamo is talking about the new official firmware released today by DJI. It’s not a beta firmware, but his version number (v1.4.0.10)  is newer than the beta (v1.4.0.6). So we would like to know if this new commercial firmware (v1.4.0.10) works properly with the Pix4D capture app v2.0.3 ? Thanks

@Jonas I am trying crop scout a farm and when I set it to high overlap I can barely get 50 acres of coverage on one flight. With medium I can get 80 or more. What I have found is some crops I can get away with medium like soy and others like corn I cannot.  What I would like is to be able to create a custom overlap name like corn and give it a minimum front to back overlap and minimum side to side overlap. I am trying to figure out the right overlap and altitude in order to get the maximum sized reflectance map in the minimum amount of time.

First, thank you so much for your work and time dedicated to develop this application.

I have a phantom 3 with P3X_FW_V01.04.0005 firmware , I am using a samsung galaxy tab 4 with Pix4Dmapper Capture App 2.0.3 beta, after several attempts, in some cases the app is running correctly, and most of the times fail, I discovered that turning off (not reinitialize) and start again the tablet, the application opens correctly, but can not perform the mission, the propellers accelerate but the phantom cannot take off, I realize that the propellers are working as if the phantom was performing the mission, but without leaving the ground, after several attempts trying to take off, I perform a manual take off and the phantom moves sharply to one side as if was in the phase of flight between waypoints but without sufficient power to rise, fortunately I could control it and land safely.

Best regards

Javier Martinez Pincheira

@ Jonas Vautherin

There is new firmware at DJI:

http://www.dji.com/info/releases/new-phantom-3-and-inspire-1-intelligent-flight-modes

The oficial version of 1.4.0010.

this version has waypoints, and more options . Will be posible to install this version (Oficial)  and use it with capture 2.0.3 or i need to keep the 01.04.X beta from DJI???

@ gmclamo: We do not recommend to upgrade to the public firmware v1.4.0010.  We have tried our app with this firmware on the P3A and we were not able to use the beta.

We recommend to use the beta DJI firmware. The firmware V01.04.0005 for the Phantom 3 Professional and Advanced and the firmware V01.04.00.06 for the Inspire 1.

Regards,

1 Like

Is there any problem with switching back and forth between the Developer’s SDK FW and the current public release?  I’m interested in trying out the new features in the DJI app, which requires upgrading to the latest FW.  However, if that meant I could not go back to the Developer’s SDK FW so I could run the Capture beta, I might wait.