Pix4DCapture and P4 Obstacle Avoidance

Why is the Obstacle Avoidance in the DJI Phantom 4 disabled when flying a Pix4D mission?

Hi Mark,

The obstacle avoidance is not operational during an autonomous flight, meaning when flying a grid, double grid, or circular mission with Pix4Dcapture. It is recommended to make sure the flight plan is defined in a clear area and high enough to avoid obstacles.

Cheers,

Hi:

Is there any plan to add this option to pix4d capture?

In the past it was a limitation of the SDK, but the most recent SDK was not tested. We reported your need to our developers so it gives priority to this feature.

I was wondering if there was any update on this feature?

This feature would defiantly put pix4d leagues in front of the competition if it was able to detect obstacles during it’s flight and at the bare minimum stop or better yet update the flight path to fly around the obstacle and continue mapping. 

1 Like

There are no updates at the moment. We added +1 for the feature request.

At the moment make sure that you plan the mission in a clear area with no obstacles. 

I would like to follow up on this thread since it has been a while. Has there been any more movement to incorporate this functionality? 

Hi Matt,

There is no update about the implementation of this functionality. Your feedback has been shared with the developers’ team so that they consider to implement it in the future.

At the moment, we recommend to plan missions in a clear area with no obstacles and not to rely on the avoidance sensors of the drone.

Any update on the functionality yet?

Hi,

This is not in our pipeline to implement this functionality at the moment. The developer’s team are currently working on merging the Android and iOS application in one single application that could be used on both OS.

Best,

Mi servirebbe sapere se i sensori anticollisione del Mavic2 rimangono attivi durante l’utilizzo di una missione con pix4dCapture.

Grazie
Marco

Good Morning All,

I am currently using the Phantom 4 drone from DJI with the DJI GO 4 app as the default app from the manufacturer. I am able to setup and fly missions inside of the PIX4D Capture app.

My issue is when the drone is following the double grid mission plan, that I setup in the capture app, the safety features, forward collision, does not seem to work. What can I do to make sure the drone remains safe during flight?

Also I am concerned that once the drone is in low power mode if I remain in the capture app it will not return to home before all power is exhausted.