Phantom 4 Pro +

Hi,

i have buy a new Phantom 4 Pro +, and the control comes with a LCD display, not used the phone or tablet. My question is how to use the Pix4D Capture on this device.

Thanks

Hi Daniel,

The standard controller works exactly like the previous DJI controllers, no problem regarding Pix4Dcapture support. However, we do not know yet about the integrated screen if we will support it or not. It is not supported at the moment.

Regards,

I just bought a P4P Plus with a screen as well and im having same problem. I cant connect it to Pix4d Capture. DO we have a solution for this already? Also in case the controller with the screen really is not compatible, can I buy a regular Phantom 4 Controller instead and use it for my Phantom 4 pro PLus drone?

Hi Antonio,

Phantom 4 Pro+ is not supported on Android and iOS Pix4Dcapture. We do not know if we will be able to support it or not. Actually it is not supported at the moment because the DJI controller is for now a closed system that cannot work with third-party apps. DJI does not allow other applications to be used for now.

Regarding the second question, we do not have the answer.

1 Like

Hallo

The Phantom4 pro+ and the Cristal Sky (Display) is in view of Pix4D the same:

They can not be used , because this type of DJI Android does’n allow installation of other software nor to use it!

In case of Crytal sky You can use a IOS or android Tablet with a cable. In ca se of PH4 Pro+ , I will try to open the Controller to disconnect the internal android and use an external Tablet.

Were you successful with the PH4 Pro+?  

I have the same situation

Hi Derek,

I bought a new Controller without the LCD and linked it to the Phantom 4 Pro Drone and it works just the same. Phantom 4 Pro PLUS is just the same phantom 4 pro Drone and a controller with built-in display. 

To link the new controller to the drone, check videos on youtube.

Hi, I’m from Chile.
Buy a Phantom 4 pro +

the last update of Dji allows to copy files on 20 mb, which allowed me through the sd card to copy the appk files.

I managed to install the pix4d capture application, it runs without any problem. The problem is that it does not connect with the drone.

to this date there is some solution.

Hi there,

I agree with Edgard. I have also installed pix4d and ctrl+dji apps however the apps are unable to connect to the drone. 

What I mean is the the control app does not see it. However the pix4d is working. I can see map, set grid etc. but cannot execute it. 

Please let us know if there is any trick to it?

thanks

michal

Hello,

same Problem here. Pix4d and Ctrl+Dji installed but no Connection to the drone.

It may be beacuse DJI GO is the default app for the 4pro+ Remote Control. When connecting the Drone and RC via microUSB the app “sees” the drone but you can’t fly like that.

So far neither DJI nor Pix4D support could help with a solution. Has anybody managed to solve the issue?

Plan B is to exchange the RC for the RC of the 4pro and get a tablet/smartphone.

Cheers,

Francesco

Same issue here, looks to me that pix4d, just need to update the app to account for the phantom 4pro plus  built-in crystal sky tablet

Same issue here too, Pix4d and Ctrl+Dji installed, pix4d is working, I can see map, i can see the position of the drone, set grid but cannot connect to the drone.

Has DJI and Pix4d figured out how to work out the issue.  Just ordered the Pro+ now thinking about returning it.  I don’t want to use another app but can you, to get your flight plan, Pictures, and Geo Tags?

I have a couple Phantom 4 Controllers, can I use those with the Phantom 4 Pro Plus to use my IOS and Pix4d App?

Has anyone here tried to stop the DJI processes in the system settings -> apps menu (on the RC), and then run the ctrl+dji app? I have a pro+ myself, but haven’t tried adding the apps to the RC just yet. Would like for this to work, without having to buy a new RC…

Hello Guys,

I have buy a new phantom 4 pro plus too and I would want run pix4dcapture in it.

I had this same problem for weeks, but it is fixed following the 5 steps :

1. Update your phantom 4 to the newest version (You will can install 3rd apps);

2. Download the pix4dcapture APK and Ctrl DJI APK to a micro SD card;

3. Insert the micro SD card in the RC;

4. Install both the pix4dcapture APK and Ctrl DJI APK apps and run them;

5. Use the USB cable by itself how show in this video ( at time 2:27 ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UCF5PFb0YM

I don’t know why, but its works sussesfull in my Phantom 4 pro+

Please, comment if it worked for you too.

Bye

2 Likes

I tried your procedure and worked perfectly thank you very much!

Hi, i have had the same issue; the “Topoterra Ltda” solution it’s very good !!!

Hello everybody - I´ve a remark according the way described to get pix4d running on the p4p+ rc in built screen… I accomplished the entire procedure and the pix4d app seems to be up and running (the rc is connect to the drone etc.). When i try to start a grid or polygon mission, all of the dependencies (home point, gps signal etc…) are checked (green symbol) and I theoretically have to press the start button for 3 seconds… So far so good – if I try to initiate the take-off process, the drone simply does NOTHING… After approx. 10 sec. the rc provides a single bleep signal and on the screen appears a green box stating " landed".

Did somebody face similar issues – I´m trying to fix this issue for over a week now, because I bought this drone for work and I badly need the function of preset-waypoint-flying for photogrammetry tasks - otherwise the drone is +/- useless for me and my organisation.

Thank you in advance!

@michael, for an optimal experience with Pix4Dcapture, we recommend proceeding with basic checks. This article helps users to troubleshoot app issues in most cases. If you have any doubts about the workflow with the app, you can refer to our getting started.

Before using the drone check if it can be flown with the manufacturer app without any issues and that all the sensors, e.g. compass, are calibrated. It is also highly recommended making sure that the settings in the DJI GO app are not too restrictive, e.g. maximum altitude is not lower than the altitude set for the Pix4D mission and that beginner mode is disabled.

@BlaĹľ (Pix4D) -

thanxalot for your quick reply - I´ll definitely check the settings once more… In fact, I already accomplished some test flights using the dji4go app and everything works as it should (including the camera system). Beginner mode is disabled as well…

As previously described  - all prior settings in the pix4d app are seemingly ok, but I´m not being able to take off, which is also true for the freeflight mode within pix4d. I gonna check settings (within the dji app as well as within the pix4d app) once again.

However, thanks for your effort!

Â